CodePlex Adds Support for Git - What You Need To Know
Git was on the backburner for the CodePlex team for quite a while, and a couple of days ago it was finally integrated as a part of the core service. This might be a welcome addition for developers who have previous experience with distributed version control systems - those who use GitHub (it is awesome) know what I am talking about. However, developers who were working with SVN and TFS might be wondering - why and how to use Git?
Here is a set of resources to get you started.
- Why Git is better than...
- Using Git with CodePlex
- Setting Up Git on Windows in Four Easy Steps
- Git Reference
- Git Tutorial
- Git User's Manual
- Tech Talk: Linus Torvalds on git
- Google Tech Talks: Git
- O'Reilly Webcast: Git in One Hour
- Google Tech Talks: Contributing with Git
- Introduction to Git with Scott Chacon of GitHub