Visual Studio ALM + Team Foundation Server Blog - ALM Rangers ship guidance for DevOps bug resolution using IntelliTrace
We are pleased to announce that we have shipped a new exciting project, focused on IntelliTrace, under the Visual Studio Test Tooling Guidance umbrella.
This release supplements the Test Tooling Guide with the DevOps end-end scenario, giving you access to ALM end to end labs and guidance that include bug resolution using IntelliTrace.The Epics included in the guidance are:
The guidance includes the following artefacts:
- As Bill, the ALM Ranger, I would love practical and exciting DevOps & IntelliTrace Posters.
- As Abu the Build Master, I would like practical guidance on how to to configure my TFS Build server to support IntelliTrace.
- As Doris, the Developer, I would like practical guidance to resolve a bug in DevOps using IntelliTrace.
- As Jane, the Infrastructure specialist, I would like practical guidance to implement IntelliTrace in DevOps.
- Cheatsheet - Build Master DevOps and IntelliTrace Checklist
- Cheatsheet - IntelliTrace Cheat Sheet
- Cheatsheet - Ops view of DevOps and IntelliTrace
- Hands-on Lab - Build (Symbols Configuration & Build)
- Hands-on Lab - Dev (Client Side No Symbols Found Resolution)
- Hands-on Lab - Ops (Collection for WPF Rich Client)
- Poster - Encountering IntelliTrace technology in DevOps
- Poster - Resolving bugs in DevOps with the help of IntelliTrace
- Quick Reference Guide - Developer view of DevOps and IntelliTrace
The release is all PDF's at this point.
Here's a snap from many of them. Most, except for the Hands on Labs (HOL) are single pages...
Related Past Post XRef:
John shows us how IntelliTrace can be our secret debugging super power
Mickey Makes IntelliTrace Make Sense
IntelliTrace & *.itrace files eating your drive space?
Visual Studio 2010 Licensing White Paper (includes Team Foundation Server, Lab Management and IntelliTrace)
TechEd 2011 North America TFS v.Next News (Think Dev <-> Stakeholder and Dev <-> Ops edition)
Four chapters that didn’t make the “"Visual Basic 2010 Unleashed” book are being given to you free...
The Visual Studio 2010 Lab Management video tour – Six videos, 30 minutes, toward Lab Management guru’ism