Visual Studio 2013 ALM and HOL VM Now Available
Brian Keller - Visual Studio 2013 Application Lifecycle Management Virtual Machine and Hands-on-Labs / Demo Scripts
The Visual Studio 2013 Preview ALM Virtual Machine is available for download along with 3hands-on-labs / demo scripts which introduce some of the new ALM capabilities which have been added in this release. In future iterations of this VM we will be adding additional hands-on-labs and demo scripts.
You can download and install the previews of Visual Studio 2013 (and Team Foundation Server 2013, .NET Framework 4.5.1, etc.). But if you would like a fast way to understand what is new for application lifecycle management in this release, this virtual machine is pre-configured with all of the necessary software and sample data for you.
Some important notes about this virtual machine:
- This is a Hyper-V virtual machine and works with Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8 (with SLAT-capable processors), Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2....
This virtual machine is configured with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation
- Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Preview
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2013 Preview
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2013
- Microsoft InRelease Server and Deployers
- Sample users and data required to support hands-on-lab scripts which accompany this download and exercise 3 new ALM scenarios.
There are 3 hands-on-labs for you to take a scripted approach towards learning this content. These labs double as demo scripts in case you want to show off these features to others:
New features in Visual Studio 2013:
- Getting Started with Git using Team Foundation Server 2013
- Getting Started with InRelease for Visual Studio 2013
- New Collaboration Experiences for Development Teams using Team Foundation Server 2013
If you are looking for even more hands-on-labs and demo scripts, be sure to check out our other ALM virtual machines at http://aka.ms/ALMVMs. We will build more hands-on-labs and demo scripts for Visual Studio 2013 over time. ...
If you want to get your hands on a full and complete local VM/VHD of VS2013, Brian Keller has got your back (and VM)...
Related Past Post XRef:
Playing with SQL Server 2014 (and VS2013) the Azure VM way
VS2012 Update 1 ALM VM and HOL / Demo Scripts now available
The VS 2012 ALM Virtual Machine and VS 2012 Update 1 (In short, there's an updated VM coming, don't install it on this VM if you don't have too)
The big BK has updated the Visual Studio 2012 RC ALM Virtual Machine and Hands-on-Labs
VS 11 ALM DemoMates updated for the Beta
Visual Studio/TFS11 ALM Demo's... Mate! See the VS/TFS 11 ALM's hands-on-labs in DemoMate form
Visual Studio 11 ALM VHD's, VirtualBoxed (and even on x86 hosts too)
Want to play with Visual Studio 11 & TFS 11 Dev Preview but don't want to install it (and have access to a Hyper-V server)? Here's a VHD just for
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)